Monday, October 8, 2012

When a Teddy Bear Vomits

So, I’m sitting there with him, knitting, watching a movie. He’s not knitting, I am. He watches what I’m doing for a while, reaches over and picks up the opposite end of the scarf I’m working on. He eyes it, turns it over in his hand a couple of times and says, “Looks like what happens when a Teddy Bear has one too many.”
After some thought, I decided I couldn’t argue with that.

The Teddy Bear Sick Scarf
 It was fast, easy to carry around with me, and didn’t take much thought to knit, so I can’t complain. Can’t remember who so graciously sent me the yarn and the pattern, but thanks to whomever it was. Don’t know what I’d have done without all of the cool yarn folks have sent me. Knitters are awesome.

Pattern: Self-Biasing Scarf
By: I don’t remember
Needles: US 10
Yarn: 1 Skein Prism Twig, 1 skein Prism Azalea

I also knit up this bad boy.

Big Dan's Ethiopian Flag Hat



The Actual Ethiopian flag

Big Dan in his long-awaited Hat

 The bearded fella is the same guy from above. He’d been asking for either a red and black, striped “Jumper” (he’s English), or an Ethiopian flag hat. Seeing as I can’t get the yarn I need for the sweater, I figured I’d settle him down by knitting the hat. Turned out quite well if I do say so myself
…..which I DO!!!


Pattern: There wasn’t one. I just improvised a basic beanie.
By: Me, Birdy-Bird!
Needles: US 5
Yarn: Just your basic 100% Ethiopian cotton yarn. It’s the only yarn you can get here. Red, two shades of yellow, green, and blue. I had to hold 4 strands together because it’s too thin otherwise.
I crocheted the blue circle and then embroidered the star on with plain’ole white embroidery floss.
Fancy-pants……er…..hat!

1 comment: